August 1st, 2017
Hey, lunch buddies. Last weeks issue went to a lot of subscribers spam box. Not sure exactly why this happened, i’m guessing/hoping its due to accidentally sending at PM instead of AM as normal. If you all could mark it as “not spam” id appreciate it.
In return for asking for a favor to start this email out i’ll trade you an embarrassing story from last week. I came home from work one night and after realizing the entire family was asleep by 8pm I decided to run to the casino to play some blackjack. This was the first mistake. The next set of events happened as such.
– Nick walks in the casino at 9pm.
– Nick walks out of the casino at 9:45pm $250 poorer.
– 9:50 Nick’s SUV won’t start.
– 9:55 Nick figures out the issue, SUV starts.
– 10:05 Nick get’s pulled over.
– 10:05 Nick has current registration for every vehicle besides the Jeep he’s driving. Doh’!
– 10:15 Nick’s luck turns around and gets a “warning”.
– 11:00 Nick is home and goes to sleep.
Not a fun night. Do you have a better story to share!? Email me! Now on to what you really want, SEO news!
What You Must Know
The markup documentation from Bing has recently been updated to support “claimreview” Below are the requirements.
- Contains claims and fact checks that are easily identifiable. Readers should be able to understand what information was checked and what conclusions were reached.
- Citations and references should be present and transparent, including references to primary data sources.
- The tag must be representative of the fact checking done within the article.
Bing is behind Google by several months here. While you shouldn’t be spending much time optimizing for particular search engines, it is important to know what markup is relevant to each engine.
SEO Tips & Advice
This week’s tip is indirectly related to SEO. Forbes covers 10 ways to edit your copy. As you guys are probably aware, I’m by no means a professional writer so I continue to look for tips to get better.
Interesting Reads in Your Spare Time
- How does the LinkedIn algorithm decide what goes viral?
- 10 Apps to help with digital marketing
- 5 Tactics to ensure you don’t run out of content ideas