Issue # 18
January 10, 2017
Hey, lunch buddies. I hope your New Year has started out well and that your full steam ahead tackling your 2017 goals.
Last week was a relatively low key week. Wrapped up some reviews for people on the team and started looking over all the strategies in place for clients going into 2017.
At home, things continue to be low key as well (as “low key” as having 3 kids allows). We spent the weekend continuing to clean up post x-mas and watching football. I have a few small projects I’m working on including writing up a few new SEO posts. More details on those to come.
What You Must Know
Article: Google To Devalue Sites Using Content Blocking Interstitials.
This is not new information, however, the big day has come. As of today (1/10) Google is supposed to start devaluing sites leveraging content blocking interstitials.
I’m on the watch for this update, I think this will have an only minor impact if any. I have some clients that will continue to leverage large interstitials until they see an impact on their performance. Just a reminder to be looking at your mobile traffic coming from Google.
SEO Tips & Advice
Interesting Reads in Your Spare Time
- Chrome Dev Tools for SEO – Search Engine Land (Aleyda Solis)
- Why You Should Expire Your Content – Raven Tools (Jon Henshaw)
- “Near Me” local SEO Best Practices – Local SEO Guide (Dan Leibson)
- Comprehensive Guide to SSL Certificates – MarketingLand (Stephanie LeVonne)
- Enterprise Level Link Building – KaiserTheSage (Jason Acidre)
Did someone forward you this email? You can sign up for this weekly email at nickleroy.com